raise your hand if you're absent

adventures and misadventures in the life of a first-year teacher

Sunday, March 13, 2005

coughing up phlegm

Am sick. Am coughing, sniffling, sneezing, dizzy, congested, nauseous, and all that good stuff "sick." Felt awful in school on Friday, took medicine yesterday, and feel worse today. Don't want to go to school tomorrow but a substitute would not be able to facilitate my lesson plans, so I'm going to suck it up and go into school. I just took Robitusson (sp?), which I absolutely abhor as it makes me gag and cough and act like a three-year-old who is having a hissy fit. I seriously cannot STAND liquid cough medication. Anyone else?

So anyway, I'm still in a dilemma over my absentee system (see previous blog below). Any suggestions?

I've also decided that I'd like to have a web page next year for my students to check what they missed if they were absent. It'll also be a good place to post homework assignments, I hope. How does one get started with something like that? Could I do it on blogger, ya think?

Humor me, readers, and write back, because I'll be cooped up in my house all day coughing up phlegm.

23 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home